On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Sagara Gunathunga <sag...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No from day 1, we have decided that GW & MSF4J will use the same Netty
>>> transport component so that the config file will be the same as well as
>>> improvements made to that transport will be automatically available for
>>> both products. So now at least for MSF4J, we have issues in using the Netty
>>> transport in its current state, so we have to fix those issues.
>>>

>> Reuse of same config files and components provide an advantage to us as
>> the F/W developers/maintainers but my question was what are the benefits
>> grant to end users of MSF4J through Carbon transport ?
>>

> We are writing MSF4J and the rest of the platform. Not someone else. As
> such we have to keep them consistent.
>
> For end users our target has to be to give the best performance possible.
>

>>   I don't think we can compromise performance numbers for a reason that
>> is more important for F/W maintainers than end users, IMHO if we continue
>> to use Carbon transport at least it should perform as same level as vanilla
>> Netty.
>>

> There's no reason why that cannot be the case.
>
> Can't we keep Disruptor while improve performance of Carbon transport ?
>>

> Disruptor is a technique to make things more performant not less
> performant. We have to figure out what's wrong and fix it - not throw the
> baby out with the bathwater.

Yes, we are in the process of trying to figure out why disruptor as opposed
to the Netty executor threadpool gives better performance for the gateway
(dispatching to a zero delay backend), while for an MSF4J service which has
a sleep in it, it is the other way around.

> Sanjiva.
> --
> Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
> Founder, CEO & Chief Architect; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
> email: sanj...@wso2.com; office: (+1 650 745 4499 | +94  11 214 5345)
> x5700; cell: +94 77 787 6880 | +1 408 466 5099; voip: +1 650 265 8311
> blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/; twitter: @sanjiva
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

*Afkham Azeez*
Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com