I talked to Ranawaka and Isuru in detail.

Disrupter helps a lot when tasks are CPU bound. In such cases, in can works
with very few threads and reduce the overhead of communication between
threads.

However, when threads  block for I/O this advantage is reduced a lot. In
those cases, we need to have multiple disrupter workers ( batch
processors). We are doing that.

However, doing  test with 500ms sleep is not fair IMO. Sleep often waits
more than the given value. With 200 threads, it can only do 400TPS with
500ms sleep. I think we should compare against a DB backend.

Shell we test disrupter and java work pool model against a DB backend?

--Srinath