Hi Frank,
Yes, it's when changing the substitute user. We have to use the second
suggestion also.

In a scenario where substitution starts in a future time(not just after
changing the substitute user), we do not have the option of rejecting the
substitution request. In such a scenario, we will have to make his tasks
unclaimed!

Regards,
Vinod