Dear Vinod,

BPMN 2.0 explicitly refers to WS-HumanTask as implementation of a User Task
(see pp 166 ff) - although they say that there are many potential different
implementations, HumanTask is preferred (...and I co-authored these
sections, summarizing the position of the group ;-)). Thus, BPMN 2.0 does
not refer to any states because its implementation dependent, but each
implementation has to define the states - otherwise we run into non-defined
situations we are discussion here.  Has Activiti these states defined?

Best regards,
Frank