On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Hasanthi Purnima Dissanayake <
hasan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Dinali,
>
> *There are two main concerns that am bothering about,*
>>
>>    1. *When the user clicks the link, I think we can redirect to the
>>    change password page in user portal. Is this fine or Do we need to use a
>>    custom page for that?*
>>
>> IMO  redirecting to the change password page in user portal is fine here
> as this is an actual password reset. (Not a temporary pass code)
>
>                2.  *I think we need to lock the account of that
> user Until he adds a password. Is this necessary?*
>
> +1. I think the account should be locked until the user sets a password.
>
> As those features are already implemented in IS 5.3.0 it is better if we
> can study the existing behaviors as well.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Hasanthi Dissanayake
>
> Software Engineer | WSO2
>
> E: hasan...@wso2.com
> M :0718407133| http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>
>
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Dinali Dabarera <din...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am going to implement User Onboarding - Ask Password with email
>> verification according to the User story [1].The wire-frame given by the UX
>> team is [2].
>>
>> According to these,
>>
>> *In admin side,*
>>
>>    - The admin creates a user and put his email and click on Add user.
>>    - Then an email is sent to the user's given email address.
>>    - The admin will redirect to the List user page.
>>
>> *In users side*,
>>
>>    - The user will get a link to set a password.
>>    - The User can click on it and add a password.
>>
>> *There are two main concerns that am bothering about,*
>>
>>    1. *When the user clicks the link, I think we can redirect to the
>>    change password page in user portal. Is this fine or Do we need to use a
>>    custom page for that?*
>>    2. *I think we need to lock the account of that user Until he adds a
>>    password. Is this necessary?*
>>

>> [1] https://redmine.wso2.com/issues/5749
>> [2]https://github.com/wso2-dev-ux/product-is/blob/master/Wir
>> eframes/admin-portal/v3/3.5%20Add%20user%20with%20email%20
>> verification.png

Please pay more attention on UX design, it is not just graphical
arrangements you have to wear user's hat and see what is the experience
from that side.

- Instead of just "Domain" can't we use something like "Select a domain to
add new user" ?

- Helper texts are missing in UIs.

- "Select Method " does not make any sense to me.

- "E-mail" - > Enter the e-mail address of new user  and it's important to
have helper text here explaining what system going to do with provided
e-mail

Thanks !

>> ​Thank you!​
>>
>> --
>> *Dinali Rosemin Dabarera*
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2 Lanka (pvt) Ltd.
>> Web: http://wso2.com/
>> Email : gdrdabar...@gmail.com
>> LinkedIn <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/dinalidabarera>
>> Mobile: +94770198933 <+94%2077%20019%208933>
>>

>> <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/dinalidabarera>

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Associate Director / Architect; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com