On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Isura Karunaratne <is...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Dinali,
>
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 10:05 PM Sagara Gunathunga <sag...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Hasanthi Purnima Dissanayake <
>> hasan...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dinali,
>>
>> *There are two main concerns that am bothering about,*
>>
>>    1. *When the user clicks the link, I think we can redirect to the
>>    change password page in user portal. Is this fine or Do we need to use a
>>    custom page for that?*
>>
>> IMO  redirecting to the change password page in user portal is fine here
>> as this is an actual password reset. (Not a temporary pass code)
>>

> In IS6.0.0 we can create HTML based email templates, we better to support
> a button in the email rather than a email link. In this way we can get rid
> of printing confirmation codes in http access logs since we can pass the
> confirmation code in post body.
>
> We have to follow this approach for self signup and account recovery
> features as well.
>

>>                2.  *I think we need to lock the account of that
>> user Until he adds a password. Is this necessary?*
>>
>> +1. I think the account should be locked until the user sets a password.
>>
>> As those features are already implemented in IS 5.3.0 it is better if we
>> can study the existing behaviors as well.
>>

> I think we don't need to lock the user in ask password flow. The password
> should be a auto generated one and none knows the password at time of
> creating the user.

Hi Isura,
According to the redmine description " send a one time password update link
to the given email address".
To me it means like,user will be setting the password by visiting the link
which comes in the email..No generation of password from admin side.Please
correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks,

Thanks

Denuwanthi De Silva