I think I might have buggered something somewhere. When trying to do a test of proxying the central repo with Archive, I'm getting this in the archiva logs:

416630 [SocketListener0-2] ERROR org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.PreDownloadPolicy:cache-failures - Unknown checksum policyCode [cache] 416630 [SocketListener0-2] INFO org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.RepositoryProxyConnectors:default - Failed pre-download policies - /volume2/maven2/junit/junit/3.8.1/ junit-3.8.1.pom

On top of that, browsing the:

http://forge.engr.acx:8080/repository/central

Which I'm assuming is the base of the proxy gives me a 404 error.

I have my settings.xml with the mirror details:

    <mirror>
      <id>Aconex Central Mirror</id>
      <name>Aconex Central Mirror</name>
      <url>http://forge.engr.acx:8080/repository/central</url>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>

I've setup the Guest account with all the Repository Observer roles as well; I suspect it needs it unless one provides a username/ password combo in the Mirror URL details? (it was giving me a permission denied log on top of that before).

I was just trying to test a local project getting junit from the local archiva proxy instead of over the network.

Apologies for these dumb questions. I'm really like Archiva. I'm hoping it's going to speed up Maven access to us folks Down Under. (a fresh install of maven takes forever to setup; those initial plugin downloads across the other side of the world take about 10 minutes).

cheers,

Paul