On 18/07/2007, at 11:41 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

On 7/17/07, Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think I might have buggered something somewhere.  When trying to do
a test of proxying the central repo with Archive, I'm getting this in
the archiva logs:

What version are you using?  1.0-alpha-2 comes pre-configured to proxy
the central repo.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] .m2]# ll /aconex/archiva
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jul 18 08:39 /aconex/archiva -> apache- archiva-1.0-alpha-2

http://forge.engr.acx:8080/repository/central

Which I'm assuming is the base of the proxy gives me a 404 error.

Try http://.../repository/internal (unless you configured 'central'
yourself... )

I can browse that ok, because that's my internal repo, but that doesn't show me any content from the real Maven central repo (such as junit).

I've setup the Guest account with all the Repository Observer roles

Let us know what version and what additional configuration you've
done.  Maybe paste your archiva.xml if you're still having trouble.

Here's my archiva.xml (below). I notice I added a whitelist of * again, even though it was already there (i can't delete it with the UI, but could probably edit the xml if necessary). I also formatted it using TextMate to make it easier to read, but obviously it's all non-indented on the server.

Given I really shouldn't have done much configuring, I wonder if I should blow away the archiva.xml and start again. It'll only take about 2 minutes to do.

cheers and thanks.

Paul

<configuration>
  <version>1</version>
  <repositoryScanning>
    <fileTypes>
      <fileType>
        <id>artifacts</id>
        <patterns>
          <pattern>**/*.pom</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.jar</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.ear</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.war</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.car</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.sar</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.mar</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.rar</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.dtd</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.tld</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.tar.gz</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.tar.bz2</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.zip</pattern>
        </patterns>
      </fileType>
      <fileType>
        <id>indexable-content</id>
        <patterns>
          <pattern>**/*.txt</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.TXT</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.block</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.config</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.pom</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.xml</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.xsd</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.dtd</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.tld</pattern>
        </patterns>
      </fileType>
      <fileType>
        <id>auto-remove</id>
        <patterns>
          <pattern>**/*.bak</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*~</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*-</pattern>
        </patterns>
      </fileType>
      <fileType>
        <id>ignored</id>
        <patterns>
          <pattern>**/.htaccess</pattern>
          <pattern>**/KEYS</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.rb</pattern>
          <pattern>**/*.sh</pattern>
          <pattern>**/.svn/**</pattern>
          <pattern>**/.DAV/**</pattern>
        </patterns>
      </fileType>
    </fileTypes>
    <knownContentConsumers>
      <knownContentConsumer>update-db-artifact</knownContentConsumer>
<knownContentConsumer>create-missing-checksums</ knownContentConsumer> <knownContentConsumer>update-db-repository-metadata</ knownContentConsumer>
      <knownContentConsumer>validate-checksum</knownContentConsumer>
      <knownContentConsumer>validate-signature</knownContentConsumer>
      <knownContentConsumer>index-content</knownContentConsumer>
      <knownContentConsumer>auto-remove</knownContentConsumer>
      <knownContentConsumer>auto-rename</knownContentConsumer>
    </knownContentConsumers>
    <invalidContentConsumers>
<invalidContentConsumer>update-db-bad-content</ invalidContentConsumer>
    </invalidContentConsumers>
  </repositoryScanning>
  <databaseScanning>
    <cronExpression>0 0 0 * * ?</cronExpression>
    <unprocessedConsumers>
      <unprocessedConsumer>index-artifact</unprocessedConsumer>
      <unprocessedConsumer>update-db-project</unprocessedConsumer>
<unprocessedConsumer>validate-repository-metadata</ unprocessedConsumer>
      <unprocessedConsumer>index-archive-toc</unprocessedConsumer>
<unprocessedConsumer>update-db-bytecode-stats</ unprocessedConsumer>
      <unprocessedConsumer>index-public-methods</unprocessedConsumer>
    </unprocessedConsumers>
    <cleanupConsumers>
      <cleanupConsumer>not-present-remove-db-artifact</cleanupConsumer>
      <cleanupConsumer>not-present-remove-db-project</cleanupConsumer>
      <cleanupConsumer>not-present-remove-indexed</cleanupConsumer>
    </cleanupConsumers>
  </databaseScanning>
  <webapp>
    <ui>
      <showFindArtifacts>true</showFindArtifacts>
      <appletFindEnabled>true</appletFindEnabled>
    </ui>
  </webapp>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Central Repository</name>
      <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
      <indexed>false</indexed>
    </repository>
    <repository>
      <id>maven2-repository.dev.java.net</id>
      <name>Java.net Repository for Maven 2</name>
      <url>http://download.java.net/maven/2/</url>
      <indexed>false</indexed>
    </repository>
    <repository>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <name>Archiva Managed Snapshot Repository</name>
      <url>file:/volume2/maven2-snapshots/</url>
      <snapshots>true</snapshots>
      <refreshCronExpression>0 0 00 * ?</refreshCronExpression>
    </repository>
    <repository>
      <id>internal</id>
      <name>Archiva Managed Internal Repository</name>
      <url>file:/volume2/maven2/</url>
      <refreshCronExpression>0 0 0 * * ?</refreshCronExpression>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
  <proxyConnectors>
    <proxyConnector>
      <sourceRepoId>internal</sourceRepoId>
      <targetRepoId>maven2-repository.dev.java.net</targetRepoId>
      <proxyId/>
      <whiteListPatterns>
        <whiteListPattern>javax/**</whiteListPattern>
      </whiteListPatterns>
      <policies>
        <releases>once</releases>
        <checksum>fix</checksum>
        <snapshots>disabled</snapshots>
        <cache-failures>cache</cache-failures>
      </policies>
    </proxyConnector>
    <proxyConnector>
      <sourceRepoId>internal</sourceRepoId>
      <targetRepoId>central</targetRepoId>
      <whiteListPatterns>
        <whiteListPattern>*</whiteListPattern>
        <whiteListPattern>*</whiteListPattern>
      </whiteListPatterns>
      <policies>
        <cache-failures>ignored</cache-failures>
        <releases>once</releases>
        <snapshots>disabled</snapshots>
        <checksum>fix</checksum>
      </policies>