On 18/07/2007, at 12:06 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

Given I really shouldn't have done much configuring, I wonder if I should blow away the archiva.xml and start again. It'll only take about 2 minutes to do.

I tried this, but same deal. I've fiddled around with settings.xml to use different combos of URL's to use as the proxied mirror, but it doesn't seem to be able to pull Junit down. I still see these logs:

203005 [SocketListener0-3] ERROR org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.PreDownloadPolicy:cache-failures - Unknown checksum policyCode [cache] 203005 [SocketListener0-3] INFO org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.RepositoryProxyConnectors:default - Failed pre-download policies - /volume2/maven2/junit/junit/3.8.1/ junit-3.8.1.jar

I ended up deleting all the proxy connectors and respecifying them. seems to work ok now. No idea what I did. Perhaps an incompatibility between the trunk version of the config and the alpha-2 version (I tried trunk and then switched to alpha-2, perhaps it got muddled in the switch).

cheers,

Paul