At the Harvard Depository, we're trying to install a Fujitsu 93GX scanner that's been dormant for a couple years, but the Windows XP box isn't seeing it. Downloaded the apparently relevant twain driver from Fujitsu (ft9b1bXba.exe or "twain7.3.5") and have discussed with Fujitsu.

After trying a (failed) suggested end-around the new-hardware wizard with the on-line chat help, the phone help people ended up saying that the scsi connection won't work with the stock Lpt1 card aboard the box. However, no such adapter card was ever part of the scanner shipped h/w, and it was in fine service on another box several years ago. Notwithstanding the current trade-in special from Fujitsu, we would be perfectly content to make continued use of this otherwise highly reliable scanner.

Sincerely,

Pat O'B