On 08/10/2013 11:23 PM, Jon wrote:
> Enabling HYP seem conceptually easy.
> From what I gather it involves initializing the cores one at a time,
> then touching 16 registers.
> (something like that)
>
> The nv-u-boot does not seem to support saveenv, so might be worthwhile
> to rebuild with better default env.
> (known issue)
>
> If somebody can get this working I'll be happy to integrate with the
> f19 remix for chromebook.
> My experience so far was that the HYP enabled u-boot does not work.
> Meaning the bootm of the FIT image fails, and also the case of legacy
> uImages also fail to bootm.
>
> regards,
> -Jon Disnard

Hi Jon,

I don't know how you have things set up for uboot and the kernel.  One of the
problems that I found when setting up to use nv-uboot on the sd card is the
uboot is looking for partition 12 (0xc) for the uboot/uboot.scr.uimg, which
probably doesn't exist on the card.   I found after careful reading of the
following URL that I needed to adjust $script_part to point to the proper
partition EFI-SYSTEM:

http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/u-boot-porting-guide/using-nv-u-boot-on-the-samsung-arm-chromebook

That should at least allow you to set the variable more easily even if the
saveenv isn't working on uboot.

There are also two different versions of nv_uboot for chrome book.  From what I
have read upstream kernels need to use the one that supports the simple frame
buffer and that the support for the simple framebuffer needs to be enabled in
the kernel.

-Will