Sorry to hijack this thread a second time, but what ARM hardware is
currently recommended where KVM works in a reasonably "out of the box"
way?

KVM requires hardware virtualization support which comes with Cortex-A15. This is a relatively new chip without a good full upstream implementation being generally available. The best bets right now are:

Arndale board: Hard to acquire, but once you have one there is an F19 remix for it available at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F19/Remixes

Qemu: As of 1.6 there is Calxeda Midway (Cortex-A15) support in qemu-system-arm. Given a good kernel this will in theory allow anybody to boot a KVM-capable kernel. Not sure this has been demonstrated successfully yet though. Paul Whalen can probably comment.

Foundation model: The aarch64 foundation model, I believe, implements the kvm virt instructions, but that's aarch64.

More hardware options are just around the bend. Red Hatters should contact me off list as the arm team may be able to provide Arndales or other options. Cheers,

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com