On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 17:43 -0700, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> On 08/21/2013 12:22 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to hijack this thread a second time, but what ARM hardware is
> > currently recommended where KVM works in a reasonably "out of the box"
> > way?
>
> KVM requires hardware virtualization support which comes with
> Cortex-A15.

And here's where ARM's wonky naming schemes come in. The Cortex-A7 and
Cortex-A12, which came after the Cortex-A15 but are lower-power parts,
should also be able to do virtualization (though I haven't tried it).
This means that devices such as the Cubieboard 2 should allow virt work,
and they're easier to get than the Arndales. (I repeat, I haven't tried
this yet, your mileage may vary, etc).

-Chris