Hi,

I've received today ordered
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wireless-USB-Adapter-1200mbps-Dual-Band-5Ghz-2-4Ghz-Adapter-802-11ac-RTL8812AU-Chipset-Aerial-Dongle/32826805092.html
I'v ordered this dongle not to have higher bandwidth over wifi but to
be able to use
802.11ac channels.
Generally dongle is working however when I'm trying to use it with
RPi3 using lsusb I see it as:

Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0bda:8176 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
RTL8188CUS 802.11n WLAN Adapter

However when I'm trying to use it with x86 laptop I see it as:

Bus 003 Device 099: ID 0bda:8812 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8812AU
802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2T2R DB WLAN Adapter

Of course when I'm trying to use it with RPi3 I'm not able to even
scan 802.11ac channels.

Any comments or hints why under the same kernel version (in both cases
I'm using up-to-date rawhide) on RPi3 this dongle is not detected as
8812 Realtek device?

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH