On 7 November 2017 at 19:09, Peter Robinson <pbrobin...@gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
>> Any comments or hints why under the same kernel version (in both cases
>> I'm using up-to-date rawhide) on RPi3 this dongle is not detected as
>> 8812 Realtek device?
>
> I wonder if it presents itself differently if it's plugged into a usb3
> port, which I suspect is what it's plugged into on an x86 laptop, vs a
> usb2 port which you get on the RPi3. The usb2 port would run at a max
> of 480Mb (rpi will give a lot less than that), where as the device
> advertises 1200 odd. What happens if you plug it into a non usb3, or
> plug it into a usb2 hub on the x86 device.

On x86 I've been tryig to plug in this dongle to laptop usb2 port and
usb3 ports of usb3 hub which is connected to laptop usb3 port.
In both cases usb dongle is correctly recognized and initialized.

A I wrote in my second email I had plugged other wifi dongle (my fault).
So now situation is different that this 802.11ac dongle is not
correctly initialized.

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH