--- Sampo Syreeni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In fact we might expand the rationale to something I once asked: in the
> event totally free economy ever came about, and transportation continued
> to get cheaper, would the total populus of the Earth eventually live in
> a narrow band centered on the equator?

No. Migration is sticky.  There are emotional attachments to locations that
will prevent total migration, which is why Innuit continue to live in
Alaska. Moreover, there are other locational advantages to the colder
places, and so there would be a wage premium to work there, just as there
is in Alaska for workers who migrated there from other states.

Fred Foldvary