I posted a note to this list a couple of days ago about this, I'm not sure it went
through. Its been a while since I looked at this, but when I did the information that
I found suggested that employers not only don't get transcripts, but they don't even
ask grade average information on job applications. Does anyone know of any information
to the contrary? It may be changing given some of the other things that are going on
in the labor market, but a recent study by Ron Ferguson that surveyed employers about
what third of the HS class their workers were drawn from had to be reworded to get the
employers to guess when they didn't know because many (most) had no concrete knowledge.
- - Bill Dickens

William T. Dickens
The Brookings Institution
1775 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 797-6113
FAX:     (202) 797-6181
E-MAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AOL IM: wtdickens

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/13/02 04:55AM >>>
Has anyone done a study on this:

Which matters more for employers? Someone who's got high grades and studies
in a so-so school or above-median (but not so high) and studies in an ivy
league?