fabio guillermo rojas wrote:

Come on, Fab - pointing out examples of brain differences explaining
behavioral differences is hardly convincing evidence that brain
differences are the right explanation in this case.

> > In any case, all of the deficiencies in children's brains you point out
> > more or less sound like extensions of their low absolute IQ.
>
> Not really. One listed deficiency is memory. That might be correlated with
> IQ, but it's certainly not the same as IQ. Analogy: a computer with a
> small storage capacity might have sophisticated software (analogy with
> low memory/high IQ).

Yes, there are cognitive abilities with low g-loading, and memory is
one.  But now that I think about it, I shouldn't have let you get away
with citing memory differences in the first place.  Children in fact
seem to have much *better* memorization ability than adults in numerous
respects.

--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

  "He wrote a letter, but did not post it because he felt that no one
   would have understood what he wanted to say, and besides it was not
   necessary that anyone but himself should understand it."
                   Leo Tolstoy, *The Cossacks*