IIUC, macro was characterized by multiple schools but there was an
outstanding critique that the micro picture was flawed or asbent, which
served to undermine one popular school. The anomaly didn't serve to usher
in a new macro, but unravel some old science, which still has adherents in
a modified version. The new macro is still fragmented and there is no
consensus yet. Sounds like an example of science as "muddling through." Or
in Kuhn's terminology, macro is "pre-science" - a stage where there is no
central idea providing coherence for macro. Fabio