Hi Henrik

Here are the links:

1)
http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/web/total-copy-number-analysis-6-0

Under "Identification of copy-number regions"

cbs <- CbsModel(ces1, ces2)

2) In windows, under C:\Program Files\R\R-2.9.1\library
\aroma.affymetrix\testScripts\system\chipTypes\GenomeWideSNP_6, R
script file by name "test20080729,6.0,CN,refSet.R"

# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-
# Segmentation with specific reference set
# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-
# Use the robust average of the first three arrays as a reference
cesR <- extract(cesN, 1:3);
ceR <- getAverageFile(cesR);
print(ceR);

sm <- CbsModel(cesN, ceR);

=====================

So in my context, i translated that as given below:

Analysis is done on two paired samples (normal1: tumor1).

Script 1 (Link 1)
=========================
# Use the robust average of the first  array as a reference
cesR <- extract(cesN, 1);
cesL <- extract(cesN, 2);
sm<-CbsModel(cesR,cesL)
=========================

Script 2 (from the link 2: modified example script)

# Use the robust average of the first  array as a reference
cesR <- extract(cesN, 1);
cesL <- extract(cesN, 2);
ceR <- getAverageFile(cesR);
sm <- CbsModel(cesN, ceR);

First question would be: did  I cross stitch two different methods
(analyses) and came up with a hybrid script :(?

If not, second one would be , what is the difference ?

Regards

suresh