Hi,

thanks for reporting on this.  Before doing anything else, try with
aroma.cn to v0.5.2;

source("http://aroma-project.org/hbLite.R";);
hbInstall("aroma.cn");

>From its NEWS file:

Version: 0.5.2 [2010-08-04]
o Added option 'preserveScale' to TumorBoostNormalization for
  correcting for signal compression in heterozygous SNPs.
  The defaults is to do this correction.

Version: 0.5.1 [2010-07-25]
o callXXorXY() no longer calls gender from chr Y when gender is
  estimated as 'XX' from chr X.

So, we actually made a change to the internal callXXorXY() that should
address the problems you are experiencing.

Try to see if the above version solves your problem - if not, please
let us know again.

/Henrik

PS. aroma.cn v0.5.2 is actually a version from Aug 2010 that I forgot
to make publicly available; I've just uploaded to CRAN too.