Y8l

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Oscar Rueda <oscar.ru...@cancer.org.uk> wrote:
> HI,
> Thanks for your answer.
> I’ve updated the packages, and I don’t get the error in callXXorXY()
> anymore.

Good.

> But I guess the problem with the arguments ‘from’ and ‘to’ is still
> there:
>
>> callXXorXY(betaN[is23], betaN[is24], adjust=adjust, from=0, to=1);
> [1] "XY"
>> callXXorXY(betaN[is23], betaN[is24], adjust=adjust)
> [1] "XX"
>
> When I try to run
>
>>   isDiploid <- (!(is23 | is24));
>>
>>   use <- which(isDiploid);
>>
>>   muT <- callNaiveGenotypes(betaN[use], cn=2, adjust=adjust, from=0, to=1,
>>
>>                                         verbose=less(verbose,10));
>>

> I get
>
>> > + Error: nbrOfGenotypeGroups == 3 is not TRUE
>> >

> I know that this sample is female, so my guess is that ‘to=1’ gets a partial
> match with ‘tol’ when passed to findPeaksAndValleys.density() and deletes
> any peaks and valleys with density smaller than 1.

Sorry, I missed your important point that arguments 'to' and 'tol' get
mixed up; that's not good.   Thanks for bringing it up again.  I'll
look into it.  I'd also like to be able to reproduce exactly what
you're getting.  Would you mind fwd your data to me (you can do it
offline)?  The following should do:

 saveObject(list(betaN=betaN, is23=is23, is24=is24),
"RuedaO_20110228,callXXorXY.RData");

FYI, censoring/setting the range of the density estimate with 'to=0'
and 'from=1' is slightly controversial because the BAFs can indeed be
slightly outside [0,1] as well.  This is because we allow for
(slightly) negative (CA,CB) estimates.  However, since the BAFs will
only be slightly outside [0,1] I don't think this is a big issue (but
it hasn't been fully investigated).

Thxs

/Henrik