Pavana,

I do not appreciate your enthusiasm...because it is misdirected...the song
that you are referring to here is a famous MS Subbulakshmi song called
"Vanaththil meedhu mayil aada kanden mayil kuil aachudhadi"...The point is
both the songs are based in same raaga Mandu and hence the resemblence...The
song I guess is written my Paapanasam sivan (correct me if I am wrong)...It
is quite famous...How can you say ARR copied the song when all he did is use
the raaga...If you remember seeing TV , there was a program in Vijay TV(Old
Vijay) when this film was released and Actor Rehman was going round the city
and meeting people gathering opinion about the film and the music...In one
instance, he stopped in front of some 3 elders (senior citizens) and asked
about the songs..They said that till then they had only heard ARR with only
electronic sounds and vessel braking noise(one person mentioned it in a
lighter vain)...but with sangamam, ARR gave some pure classical song with
out  playing around Ragaas...They specifically mentioned this nithyashree's
song and how it satisfied hardcore carnatic lovers like them..

Just for clarification purpose let me bring in IR (here just for
example)...many would have heard IR's classic called Mogamul...there is a
song called "Sollaayo vai thirandhu" in raaga Shanmuga priya..If you listen
to that it will be exactly like a replica of "Vilayada idhu nerama" - a
famous carnatic song made popular my Maharajapuram Santhaanam...I did not
see any body claiming it to be a copied stuff...ALL we need it is a little
bit of common sense and understanding about classical music and its
adaptation..Certain raagas can be improvised and certain cannot be and hence
one has to play it as per the strictures.

Hope this clarifies..

regards,
Karthik