Gopal,

  I have some feedback from the SFO concert. If everyone agrees, can we send
this to ARR and the concert organizers? It would possibly enhance the future
concerts.

  1) Multilingual Songs :  Lot of songs which exist in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu
(Like for eg. Roja Janeman, Kehna Hai Kya, Chanda Re were original in Tamil)
could have been sung in atleast two languages per song...one language per
stanza. This used to happen with Hariharan and SPB earlier but not in this
concert....since there were huge Tamil and Telugu audience, there were some
disappointment on not singing a considerable no. of Tamil and Telugu even
though there were original singers who sang them were present. Infact only
Sivaji's songs were in Tamil and also Humma Humma beginning. No Telugu songs
were played.

  2) No Host :There was no host for the whole show in SFO. Though Blaaze did
entertain or cheer up the crowd a couple of times and also did a very quick
round of intros of the musicians, a full fledged host that would provide a
brief intro between every song would have been great and Blaaze could have done
it as well

  3) Expose musicians better: There is excessive darkness and small focus
lights moving rapidly around the stage. I have been noting this from the day
when ARR started doing concerts. Also the musicians are not arranged to sit in
a manner that the crowd can easily see them and note the instruments they play
in each song during interludes etc. Atleast personally I feel when its a music
concert the focus should be more on the musicians rather than dancers. While I
understand the importance of the commercial element in the program with dancers
and other colorful stuff, due importance for the musicians should also be
given. For the sake of rapidly moving small lights, the focus on musicians
playing the instruments in a good lighting and seating arrangements should not
be compromised. This is my humble request as I am an admirer of musicians in
the concert rather than the dancers.

  4) On time : I understand all the singers, musicians are busy starts, but the
concert should start on time as scheduled. Especially in the U.S. when
foreigners are present there should not be a preception by the Americans that
Indians are not punctual. I am not sure about other ARR concerts, but there was
a 20 min delay (For me its ok I can wait for whatever time for ARR) in the SFO
concert. And I also perfectly understand any unavoidable circumstances which is
beyonf control.

  Healthy suggestions on whether this makes sense are welcome.

  Cheers!
  Prashanth

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time