Ha Ha, Vijay, I loved your example of Michael jackson. truly, i think he
is the only singer in english that most of westerner's need lyric books
to understand  [:)] . Also in 'They really don't care about us' song he
mispronounces lot of words. Because, he want to express anger with that
song......... Similerly, I think Rahman gives more importance to
emotions & mood of the song when singer's singing. But he definitely
have to give urdu words a true justice becoz it is most respected
dialect in India....

Just my opinions...

-Avinash

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Works both ways.....wat bout hindi singers messing up tamil words...u
should hear michael jackson without the lyrics book..in the album bad he
pronounces come on as shum on..just meant it as a point......no offence.
Enjoy the music....

Hansi