Hi Prashanth

I also read the same article.. What U are saying may be true. But according
to me, I think ARR sees the script, and if he is convinced that he can
transform the movie by making it more viewable through his Music, he takes a
film.

well, there are films done by ARR in Tamil, which do have a good screen play
like Ayidha Ezhithu or for that matter any Maniratnam film. even dir Kadhir
does a good job in his films, and ARR is favourite for Kadhir .

Very rarely, ARR does masala movies in Tamil. ATM was also lil different for
it was a sure different film even for Vijay. SOK may be a different case.

ARR is big and grand and there is no need for his work to get related to a
success of a film in Box Office. Irrespective of a film not doing well,
there are films which run only for the sake of ARR's Music, BGMs etc

--
regards,
Vithur

A.R.RAHMAN -  THE ABODE OF DIVINE MUSIC