@tapey
'The problem is that there really are no strong directors in Tamil
> > > cinema of the current generation'

thats not true.....
well i love ashutosh movies and ROM's movie(have not watched
aks!!!).... as well...so i have no bias in terms of language....there
are a lot of directors say gautam menon (see kaakha kaakha ... no run
of mill there...)...vishnuvardhan(i like his style...)...... ameer
(paruthiveeran.....same ol story???)....venkat prabhu(chennai 60028
was outright hilarious...)...the director of mozhi ...lot more ppl
like balaji sakthivel...
these ppl might have their own choice of music dirs....m not asking
ARR to break their relationship...and work with them....m just telling
 the movies he works for shd have content esp in tamil.....i just hope
sakkarakatti has it and proves me wrong!!!!

'So how, in this climate, is ARR
> > > supposed to be inspired to create something brilliant?'

this means he is not doing brilliant music???? i never had an issue
with the music.....the music has always been gr8 in all the movies i
have cited....its just the movies were...well its a perspective......

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Prashanth Murali Nottath"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think it's more owing to lack of time, than any other care. The
> genius's hands are full with multilingual assignments. He himself
> clarified that position in an interview some time back.
>
> And let's not forget, he made lagaan for a new director, similarly
> jillunu kadhal, A T M, etc. He is at present having sakarakatti also.
>
> On 14/01/2008, Shah Navas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > SOK is a masala movie????????
> >
> > On 1/14/08, Tapey3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >   Also he has done the music for Sakkarakatti. I believe the
director
> > > is a first-timer.
> > >
> > > The problem is that there really are no strong directors in Tamil
> > > cinema of the current generation. No Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, no
> > > Ashutosh Gowariker. Nobody with any freshness. Everyone is making
> > > the same old action/comedy/romance masala movies or boring old
> > > romances. Nothing invigorating. So how, in this climate, is ARR
> > > supposed to be inspired to create something brilliant?
> > >
> > > Even the so-called "rustic" or "realistic" films in Tamil cinema
these
> > > days are the same old stories with similar song situations as well.
> > > There have been far too many Tamil films where there is a
montage song
> > > of various scenes of the boy and girl doing cutesy things like
walking
> > > along the beach, talking, etc.
> > >
> > > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
<arrahmanfans%40yahoogroups.com>, "