Hi,
I saw JA yesterday. It sucks big time. movie lasts for 3hours 45
minutes and will bore you to death. Not a single person in the whole
theater liked the movie. Ashutosh has made a joke out of akbar.

Its not even worth download and watch. Dont waste your time/money on
this movie. what a waste of 40+ crores.

regards,
raj

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>                                 Gowariker’s
> churned out a historical one yet again, but unfortunately it’s so
> awfully long that, by the time you exit the theaters, you’re yawning,
> wondering to yourself how the editing (or the lack of it) ruined the
> film so bad I’m tempted to title it Jodhaa Ak-bore. Because parts of
> the ‘epic’ just drag, it’s like a heavyweight flick heaving itself
> lazily to the final reels as if it were a burden.
> Like Lagaan, the movie begins with Amitabh Bachchan
narratinghistory. But that’s where the similarity ends. Jodhaa Akbar
takes aneternity to develop too many characters, and while there
isn’t a singlescene in the movie that is irrelevant, many of them
could be simplytrashed. The plot is simple, and historians might argue
on this, but ittraces Akbar’s (a confident Hrithik) path from
childhood to youth, tomarrying - and falling in love with - the bold
and rebellious Jodhaa (astrikingly pretty Ash). Sprinkled in are the
battles.
> Yes, it’s technically brilliant, save for the
unforgivablysubstandard war scenes. The warriors - and the animals -
are often soclumsy on the battlefield that it’s sometimes painful to
watch themfight. Outside of that, Gowariker is flawless - as is
thecinematography by Kiran Deohans, Neeta Lulla’s scrumptious
costumes andNitin Desai’s breathtaking sets. In those aspects, the
flick isspectacular and might just make people say ‘good’ when
opinions areneeded. The much-talked about khwaaja song is so
brilliantlypicturised, and it ends with Hrithik defying the norm,
being hypnotizedin awe and love for the saint, as he joins the devout
disciples intheir celebration, almost under a spell. A scene loaded
with passionatefaith that leaves the audience moved.
> The performances are a strict okay,except for the leads. Hrithik,
for once, is amazingly expressive.Warmth, romance, fury, frustration,
fear, sympathy, helplessness,vengeance - you name it, and the
bloke’s managed it all effortlessly,silencing many a critic. Helping
him out is his captivating screenpresence - there’s a scene where he
tames a rogue elephant, and whilethat scene might be rubbished on
paper, the director-actor duo do sowell to make it convincing that you
almost nod your head inappreciation. Ash is no less expressive - in
fact, she has very littledialogue yet a lot of meat in her role - but
I must admit, her abilityto emote is far, far superior than her
sword-wielding skills. Still,she fits the part of the defiant Rajput
princess.
> The support cast is unfortunately weak. Kulbhushan Kharbanda’s Raja
> Bharmal is almost always helpless, very unlike a king if I may, and
> Nikitin Dheer’s Shareefuddin is so absurdly over expressive that, at
> times, you hope Akbar slaughters him and gets over with it. Sonu
Sood’s
> Sujamal is expected to make the audience notice him, and he manages it
> more out of sympathy than conviction. The female support cast do a lot
> better, Ila Arun deserves a mention but it’s Punam Sinha’s
Hamida Banu