Sai, did you even read his mail... it's not a review... in fact he's yet to see
the film...

sai shastry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i saw the film...

 chord's review was the first negative review...!

 On 2/17/08, || V i s h w e s h || <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:      Chord, relax
man!! Almost 70% of reviews I've read here are positive!! & 90% of reviewers
have praised ARR's score!!

No movie can achieve 100% positive reviews... even masterpiece like RDB had
some bad reviews... so don't worry too much...

Chord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   There are positive reviews, but the criticisms all point to the same
problems....film is too long, too patchy, too "filmy", drags a lot
many areas, lack of suspense, inconsistent, loose... There are lots
 of 4/5s, but also lots of 3/5s and some 2/5s.

Today's flim goers don't do well with movies that drag and bore. I'm
very worried about the BO results. Although I haven't seen the film
yet, I know I'm going to like it simply for the music, historical
 opulance, visuals, acting, dramatic sequences, and action scenes.
I'm pretty tolerant to slow paced movies. I'm hopeful that despite
the shortcomings in terms of lack of tightness and drawn out,
sluggish and non gripping parts, the visuals, the chemistry between
 Ash and Hrithik, the music, the drama will be enough to please the
average person. If, however, most people think the movie is too
drawn out, long, non gripping, and cannot grasp the movie as a whole,
then the movie is in trouble.

I really want to see the film badly and I know it will be appreciated
by many. Kudos to Ashu and his team for attempting such an epic film
with so much investment and work. I just hope their hard work pays
 off. IT takes guts to make such a film in today's world. I think
some of the criticisms are a bit too crticial, but, the real test
will be the numbers in terms of BO.

I just wish Ashu could have learned his lesson from Swades to make
 the plot a bit more tight and concise based on what I am hearing from
others. I really want the film to succeed and become a blockbuster
for everyone's sake involved in the film, but esp. for Rahman. I
want people beyond his fans to recognize and love the brilliance of
 this soundtrack.

                                                 Recent Activity

           61
       New Members

           3
       New Files

                      Visit Your Group

Search Ads
  Get new customers.
  List your web site
  in Yahoo! Search.

                                            Home Improvement
  on Yahoo! Groups
  Find tips & tricks
  for doing it yourself.

                                            Best of Y! Groups
  Check it out
  and nominate your
  group to be featured.

      .

  " The search is more important than the destination "

  - a r rahman -