It was not ROJA for me !
actuall my case of getting into Rahman is slightly different from most
others.
because the first time I started to listen to film music was when "Kadhalan"
was released
and "Take it Easy" was playing everywhere !!!

I didnt even know at that time about Roja or Thiruda Thiruda or Bombay !
wonder I was like that.. but its basically because my parents used to play
lot of non-film music.. so I never was into listening filmi music.

but it was my Quarterly holidays. and Vividh Bharathi was playing Kadhalan
Ad.
"Gentleman Films pugal K.T.Kunjumohan vazhangum Kadhalan"
"A.R.Rahman innisayil Kadhalan"..

I got hooked onto Take it Easy & Kadhalan as a whole. I saw an interview of
him & fell in love with the man himself ;) .
I then started going backwards in time. I learnt this same guy had composed
Roja, Bombay, Thiruda Thiruda, Duet & many others.. and I was able to pick
the small changes in ARR (evolution) from Roja to Thiruda Thiruda..

Kadhalan changed me forever ... from being a guy who never listened to music
much To someone keeping his ears almost into the speaker finding out the
small sounds & effects ARR uses in each song.

Long live ARR & His Music.

--
Cheers,
Pradeepan.

"All you need to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you
!"