Hi Rahmanics,
Long wait for the album just couldn’t pay off. Ghajini has
been one of the average albums of A.R.Rahman so far though the album is
completely different from the original one but Rahman just couldn’t manage to
outdo Harris Jeyraj's Ghajini. Rahman had been very impressive in Jodhaa Akbar,
the music
was a class. ADA and JTYJN too were
typical Rahman albums. Last month's Yuvvraaj was also good but definitely not
one of his finest work. Even CD sales didn’t look encouraging for Yuvvraaj but
overall it was very good stuff. But what can I say for Ghajini, I think Rahman
was not in mood of composing this album. Rahman should have been very careful
in handling this project because the kind of music which Harris Jeyraj had
delivered in Tamil version was one of the greatest works in terms of music in
Indian Cinema. You just can’t compare that with the recently released Hindi
Ghajini. Very interesting to see Joginder Tuteja giving very high rating for
this album instead he should have given it for Jodhaa Akbar, 4/5 for Ghajini is
too much. I think he tried to play safe this time.

             I got the copy yesterday and listened to it atleast 8 times but
still I didn’t find any
songs better except Behka and Guzarish (not as good as Suthum Vizhium though).
Behka is uniquely refreshing number by Rahman with great vocal rendering by
Karthik. Karthik rocks in Behka. About the Rest it will take very long time to
grow on you.

1. Guzarish – Good one but not the best, Javed Ali's voice
is ok-ok. (3/5)

2. Aye Bachchu - No comments, X-micchi Y-micchi was better.
(2/5)

3. Kaise Mujhe – Dissappointing. (2/5)

4. Behka - Only song I liked, Rahman managed to compose this
song well. (4/5)

5. Latoo - Oh my god what was Rahman trying to do in this
song. Rahmanji please don’t try to experiment too
much. (2.75/5)

6. Kaise Mujhe (instrumental) is not as good as previous
Rahman’s instrumental tracks. (2.5/5)

Album Rating:  2.5/5 . Top songs: Behka,
Guzarish. Keeping finger crossed for BGMs.

Rahman gave 3 hit albums this year, Jodhaa Akbar, JTYJN and
Sakkarakatti. Yuvvraaj was good album but couldn’t create magic as Taal
in terms of audio sales. ADA ’s
sales were very bad too. Ghajini, I don’t know but by the way Rahman had
delivered music it too might fall down badly. It all depends on how the songs
have been shot and whether the songs are fitting to the situation and most
important thing of all will “Aamir Khan” factor help boost the album sales.
Rahman had been consistently impressive with the following directors:

ManiratnamShankarAshutosh
     Gowariker

Leaving the above 3 directors Rahman had given very few good
albums.

Among the 6 albums of A.R.Rahman released this year (Jodhaa
Akbar, ADA , JTYJN, Sakkarakatti,
Yuvvraaj, Ghajini) Jodhaa Akbar is the best. Yuvvraaj and JTYJN were also
good.Finally Rahman who started year with rich music concludes
very badly. I would better listen to all his earlier albums all over again
instead of listening Ghajini’s music.

Note:
This was my personal feeling I always liked ARR's album but Ghajini's music
somehow
didn't convince me.

Regards,Aditya

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/