From: Aaditya(Addy) *COOL* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 25 November, 2008 2:19:08 PM
Subject: [arr] Ghajini's music is just average.

Hi Rahmanics,

Long wait for the album just couldn’t pay off. Ghajini has been one of the
average albums of A.R.Rahman so far though the album is completely different
from the original one but Rahman just couldn’t manage to outdo Harris Jeyraj's
Ghajini. Rahman had been very impressive in Jodhaa Akbar, the music was a
class. ADA and JTYJN too were typical Rahman albums. Last month's Yuvvraaj was
also good but definitely not one of his finest work. Even CD sales didn’t look
encouraging for Yuvvraaj but overall it was very good stuff. But what can I say
for Ghajini, I think Rahman was not in mood of composing this album. Rahman
should have been very careful in handling this project because the kind of
music which Harris Jeyraj had delivered in Tamil version was one of the
greatest works in terms of music in Indian Cinema. You just can’t compare that
with the recently released Hindi Ghajini. Very interesting to see Joginder
Tuteja giving very high rating for this
 album instead he should have given it for Jodhaa Akbar, 4/5 for Ghajini is too
much. I think he tried to play safe this time.
             I got the copy yesterday and listened to it atleast 8 times but
still I didn’t find any songs better except Behka and Guzarish (not as good as
Suthum Vizhium though). Behka is uniquely refreshing number by Rahman with
great vocal rendering by Karthik. Karthik rocks in Behka. About the Rest it
will take very long time to grow on you.

1. Guzarish – Good one but not the best, Javed Ali's voice is ok-ok. (3/5)
2. Aye Bachchu - No comments, X-micchi Y-micchi was better. (2/5)
3. Kaise Mujhe – Dissappointing. (2/5)
4. Behka - Only song I liked, Rahman managed to compose this song well. (4/5)
5. Latoo - Oh my god what was Rahman trying to do in this song. Rahmanji please
don’t try to experiment too much. (2..75/5)
6. Kaise Mujhe (instrumental) is not as good as previous Rahman’s instrumental
tracks. (2.5/5)

Album Rating:  2.5/5 . Top songs: Behka, Guzarish. Keeping finger crossed for
BGMs.

Rahman gave 3 hit albums this year, Jodhaa Akbar, JTYJN and Sakkarakatti.
Yuvvraaj was good album but couldn’t create magic as Taal in terms of audio
sales. ADA ’s sales were very bad too. Ghajini, I don’t know but by the way
Rahman had delivered music it too might fall down badly. It all depends on how
the songs have been shot and whether the songs are fitting to the situation and
most important thing of all will “Aamir Khan” factor help boost the album
sales. Rahman had been consistently impressive with the following directors:
        1. Maniratnam
        2. Shankar
        3. Ashutosh Gowariker
Leaving the above 3 directors Rahman had given very few good albums.
Among the 6 albums of A.R.Rahman released this year (Jodhaa Akbar, ADA , JTYJN,
Sakkarakatti, Yuvvraaj, Ghajini) Jodhaa Akbar is the best. Yuvvraaj and JTYJN
were also good.
Finally Rahman who started year with rich music concludes very badly. I would
better listen to all his earlier albums all over again instead of listening
Ghajini’s music.

Note: This was my personal feeling I always liked ARR's album but Ghajini's
music somehow didn't convince me.

Regards,
Aditya