This comparision between 'kahin dur jab din dhal jaye" n 'zindagi' struck me on
my first hearing of 'zindagi' and I fell in love with the song.

--- On Tue, 12/2/08, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Yuvvraaj Zindagi revisited
To: "arrf" <arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:38 AM

If there is a downside of too many releases in a short duration, that is
- we jump between albums and songs and don't devote time to enjoy the
full beauty of each creation.

I confess that I suffered from the above, and couldn't really enjoy ADA
till now, and other songs of other albums also.

Now, that there is a lull till the next release by our man, I am getting
time to revisit them.

I chanced to hear Yuvvraaj again, sad that the film is a flop, though
everyone is indeed commenting now that ARR's music is marvelous in this
and a sure shot plus side of the movie. I enjoyed the movie myself, and
the songs picturization.

So, I took a break from Ghazini and SDM to listen to Yuvvraaj, and
further beauties got revealed.

I am not very comfortable with using headphones. it sort of binds me to
my pc desk and degree of movement gets restricted so I avoid that. I had
not heard any of the recent releases through headphone, and heard them
only on average quality speakers.

And, this time, while hearing to zindagi, I noticed that there is a
vocal echo of shrinivas' voice at places. I had totally missed out on
that till now. And then, after the louder volume of pc speaker didn't
clarify that much and loudness became irritating, I had to wear the
headphone.

And wow. What a song. What a beauty.

For last 10 years or so, Srinivas' 1947 Earth number "Ye jo Zindagi hai"
has been my all time ARR best. That was the last time, I had felt that
"walking two feet above the ground" effect, the song that had consumed
me, that had captivated me, I had felt like a teenager in first love.

And here was another zindagi in the same voice by the same ARR. And what
a beauty it is. And I am again feeling those same above feelings even
though I have aged a decade in the meantime since previous zindagi.

People had said that Water was subtle. I think this zindagi is the most
subtle song ever given by our man.

What a contemplative voice. Sadness san melodrama. A guiltless,
confusionless quest and exploration. Putting deep feelings to words.

The song nearest to yuvvraaj's zindagi genre that comes to my mind is
another Gulzar song from Anand (MD: Salil Chaudhary) - "kahin door jab
din dhal jaayein" though there is a lot of difference in the sadness
level of two.

http://www.youtube. com/swf/l. swf?swf=http% 3A//s.ytimg. com/yt/swf/
cps-vfl66122. swf&video_ id=OgBU75ApkSw& rel=0&showsearch =1&eurl=http%
3A//www.bollycli ps.com/bollywood videos/video/ OgBU75ApkSw/ Kahin-Door-
Jab-Din-Anand- Lyrics.html& iurl=http% 3A//i4.ytimg. com/vi/OgBU75Apk
Sw/hqdefault. jpg&sk=FyS51qccX 0_TR5VHiVIZtGrjj 2oCfCGKC& use_get_video_
info=1&load_ modules=1& autoplay= 1&border= 0&onscreensearch =0

http://beemp3. com/download. php?file= 2056183&song= Kahin+Door+ Jab+Din+Dhal+
Jaye-ApnaMela. Com-

---

The negative, I think, is this entire song got wasted on majority of
listeners - It is so subtle, it requires such a solitude, devotion, good
system, player, speakers/ headphone, stereo that such beauty would never
have become apparent to those who listened to it on common radio,
transistors, on vividh bharti/ fm channels, on TV, even worse for those
who listened to this in parts as TV/ fm often doesn't play full songs
and there is a lot of maddening blabbering on fm.

The film didn't help this song much be bisecting it, showing in two parts.

So, it is sad that this being one of ARR's best song go mostly waste.
--
Rawat