On 12/28/2008 2:49 PM India Time, _Gomzy™_ wrote:

> If thats the case, you will have a headache again. The BGMs are loud again.

:-) I am sure Pavan would still go to see it, even him he has to take a
dinner only of Combiflam. :-)

I had earlier said about JA that its personal music didn't go well with
the grandeur of the film.

I think Ghajini music and movie also were like that. Ghajini music was
soft whereas the movie was shouts, tempers, confusion, action, violence.
Still, contrary to JA where the grandeur of the film made the music sunk
without a trace, here in ghajini the contrast didn't harm the music at
all. Ghajini music still showed up as a major highlight of the film,
providing people the desired relief where they wanted it, from all those
hyper ultra emotions. And one can even discount bachhoo and lattu. So,
it would be just behka, guzarish and Kaise mujhe, only three song which
did such a wonder in the long (it came in 3 CDs) movie. Hail ARR.

--

Now, about the BGM being loud. Well, songs have a situation introduced
for them, but BGM has to fit the scene. And when scenes were about

So, it was technically impossible to put any other kind of BGM for this
film.

Guzarish's beats were played as BGM at the starting scene of Aamir+Asin,
but thankfully they delayed guzarish song to after interval where it
sounded more appropriate because Aamir had proposed to Asin by then and
had no reason to believe that Asin might decline, so he could express
his feelings in such a overt song, whereas had guzarish song been right
at the first meet, it would have been premature as Aamir was pulled
towards her but wasn't in love with her yet.

They have put a lot of thoughts in placement of songs for this movie
that other films/ directors don't exactly bother. Even the great Mani
slipped in Guru when he devised that flimsy situation just to put that
song (Tere bina???) when Aish's bro revealed to her that Abhishek
married her for money, so that there was a strain in their relationship
and then they sing that song and by the time song ended, their anger had
evaporated by magic. A rare shabby direction by Mani.

--
Rawat

> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 6:31 PM, $ Pavan Kumar $ <pawancum...@yahoo.com
> <mailto:pawancum...@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     I havnt seen the hindi one yet..but...I still remember how after
>     seeing tamil ghajini..I came out of the theater with severe headache
>     and the reason was the background score..It was tooooooo loud and
>     heavy for me..
>
>     --- On *Fri, 12/26/08, fani kalyan /<rythmdivine2...@yahoo.com
>     <mailto:rythmdivine2...@yahoo.com>>/* wrote:
>
>         From: fani kalyan <rythmdivine2...@yahoo.com
>         <mailto:rythmdivine2...@yahoo.com>>
>         Subject: [arr] Why no much talk abt Ghajini BGM
>         To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
>         <mailto:arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com>
>         Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 9:59 PM
>
>         also ..I personally feel that the BGM is not so impressive.. The
>         AR touch and thump is missing..maybe coz I expected too much or
>         the sound system where I watched is bad or like for the
>         songs..the BGM also takes time to grow on?!!!

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

Admin: ad...@arrahmanfans.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional