Gomzy,

Though I agree with what you said abt sivaji, I loved Guru and esp
Gurubhai BGM. That actually lifted the scene. If there are few
others like me y change it.

Regards,
S.V.Nagaraj

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Sam <samsing...@...> wrote:

> I have to agree with you on this. The BGM, though captivating, was
loud in many places. But I guess, it was intentional.

> IMO, Illayaraja still tops when it comes to BGM.. Just listen to
any of his compositions in Mani's movies..

Guru bhai guru bahi aye che! is so loud, it deviates you from the
movie.  Ditto is the mottai rap in Sivaji ( its really okay cuz its
for Rajini). Similarly when Akbar gets angry in JA, the score is so
loud. And now Ghajini. Thankfully a lot is happening on screen and
you dont worry much. Again check out the superb use of flute for
Jiah Khan when she is hunting for clues and stuff. He is so good at
that.

> Watch Dark Knight, when the Joker talks. See how the music is in
the background and you will know what i mean.

> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 4:57 PM, V S Rawat <vsra...@gmail. com>
wrote:

> On 12/28/2008 2:49 PM India Time, _Gomzy™_ wrote:
>
> > If thats the case, you will have a headache again. The BGMs are
loud again.

> :-) I am sure Pavan would still go to see it, even him he has to
take a
> dinner only of Combiflam. :-)
>
> I had earlier said about JA that its personal music didn't go well
with
> the grandeur of the film.
>
> I think Ghajini music and movie also were like that. Ghajini music
was
> soft whereas the movie was shouts, tempers, confusion, action,
violence.
> Still, contrary to JA where the grandeur of the film made the
music sunk
> without a trace, here in ghajini the contrast didn't harm the
music at
> all. Ghajini music still showed up as a major highlight of the
film,
> providing people the desired relief where they wanted it, from all
those
> hyper ultra emotions. And one can even discount bachhoo and lattu.
So,
> it would be just behka, guzarish and Kaise mujhe, only three song
which
> did such a wonder in the long (it came in 3 CDs) movie. Hail ARR.
>
> --
>
> Now, about the BGM being loud. Well, songs have a situation
introduced
> for them, but BGM has to fit the scene. And when scenes were about
> madness, the BGM had to reflect the madness, and that is what it
did.
> and did it with so much of ARR's typical perfection that the
madness got
> multiplied.
>
> So, it was technically impossible to put any other kind of BGM for
this
> film.
>
> Guzarish's beats were played as BGM at the starting scene of
Aamir+Asin,
> but thankfully they delayed guzarish song to after interval where
it
> sounded more appropriate because Aamir had proposed to Asin by
then and
> had no reason to believe that Asin might decline, so he could
express
> his feelings in such a overt song, whereas had guzarish song been
right
> at the first meet, it would have been premature as Aamir was pulled
> towards her but wasn't in love with her yet.
>
> They have put a lot of thoughts in placement of songs for this
movie
> that other films/ directors don't exactly bother. Even the great
Mani
> slipped in Guru when he devised that flimsy situation just to put
that
> song (Tere bina???) when Aish's bro revealed to her that Abhishek
> married her for money, so that there was a strain in their
relationship
> and then they sing that song and by the time song ended, their
anger had
> evaporated by magic. A rare shabby direction by Mani.
>
> --
> Rawat
>

> > On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 6:31 PM, $ Pavan Kumar $ <pawancumarr@
yahoo.com
> > <mailto:pawancumarr@ yahoo.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I havnt seen the hindi one yet..but...I still remember how
after
> >     seeing tamil ghajini..I came out of the theater with severe
headache
> >     and the reason was the background score..It was tooooooo
loud and
> >     heavy for me..
> >
> >     --- On *Fri, 12/26/08, fani kalyan /<rythmdivine2001@
yahoo.com
> >     <mailto:rythmdivine2001@ yahoo.com>>/* wrote:
> >
> >         From: fani kalyan <rythmdivine2001@ yahoo.com
> >         <mailto:rythmdivine2001@ yahoo.com>>
> >         Subject: [arr] Why no much talk abt Ghajini BGM
> >         To: arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com
> >         <mailto:arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com>
> >         Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 9:59 PM
> >
> >         also ..I personally feel that the BGM is not so
impressive.. The
> >         AR touch and thump is missing..maybe coz I expected too
much or
> >         the sound system where I watched is bad or like for the
> >         songs..the BGM also takes time to grow on?!!!

> Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
> <b>
> Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
Magic.