I think Rahman is great because he can traverse through multiple genres of
world music. Ghazals are not the ultimate in music. Its popularity has gone
down over the years. So what if Rahman has not composed any Ghazals. he has
composed a fusion of different genres of music which nobody else had even
thought of.

I think we should ask Jagjit singh this question - can you compose a hip-hop
number that attracts non-Indians? Can you ever compose a western classical
melody like 'Tu Muskura'? Can you ever compose a reggae mixed with south
indian music like Chinna Chinna Aasai? I can go on & on.

Rahman has composed in diverse genres that is attracting listeners
everwhere.

Carnatic, Western Classical, Hindustani, semi-Ghazal, reggae, hip-hop,

Jagjit singh has compsed in 1 genre - Ghazal.

what a stupid thought? I'm sick of these kind of people.