If most of the bollywood personalities think that west/oscars/GG is
ignorant about the Indian cinema, then I can say they are also
equally ignorant about the west. First of all they should realize
that Oscars are meant for British/American produced films
(hollywood). SDM is the only instance that a total Indian masala
film produced by a wellknown hollwood prodction house & director.
And it also had a British actor (Dev) as a hero for the whipping on
cake. Although SDM totally had bollywood flavour, in aspect of
production design, editing & sound it was a hollywood movie which
never succeeds in an Indian film.

And also most of the artists are jealous about Rahman getting 3
Oscars nominations for an average work . There's nothing wrong with
Rahman, it was just passable work for him, he may never ever thought
that SDM will go to Oscars. For west, SDM's music is fresh, hard
hitting and perfect which was tailor made for the movie.....

IMO, Priyadarshan and other SDM bashers should educate the Indian
people about SDM's Oscar entry rather than just showing their
unrest...

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Chord" <purev...@...> wrote:

> http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2009/01/31/4796/index.html
>

> Slumdog Millionaire is mediocre & trashy" - Priyadarshan Click
here to
> add this article to My Clips
>
> By Subhash K. Jha, January 31, 2009 - 12:03 IST
>
> The prolific Priyadarshan is shocked and disgusted by the
importance
> being given to Danny Boyle's desi slum-n-trim saga Slumdog
Millionaire.

> "Slumdog Millionaire is nothing but a cheap trashy mediocre
version of
> those commercial films about estranged brothers and childhood
> sweethearts that Salim-Javed used to write so brilliantly in the
> 1970s. And please quote me clearly on this. If the Golden Globe and
> Oscars committees have chosen to honour this trashy film it just
shows
> their ignorance of world cinema."
>
> Priyan whose much-acclaimed film on the silk weavers of Kanjeevaram
> was shown alongside Boyle's bewildering busty tale at the Toronto
Film
> Festival last year feels we Indians are exercising prideful
property
> rights over a film that denigrates Mumbai.
>
> "I saw the film with a mixed audience at the Toronto Film festival.
> The Westerners loved it. All the Indians hated it. The West loves
> see us as a wasteland, filled with horror stories of exploitation
and
> degradation. But is that all there's to our beautiful city of
Mumbai?"

> Priyan is surprised that Mumbai is celebrating a film that shows
only
> the city's underbelly. "Why are we taking this treatment? Just
because
> a whiteman has made Slumdog Millionaire, we're so happy with it?
I've