I don't want to belabor this point and I'm not really that bothered by
it as I'm elated by the Oscar win.  But, why are so many Americans
butchering AR's name?  Since the awards started, I have
heard, "Ruhman", "Rahmeen", "AJ Raaman", "Rockkman"....

Is "Rahman" really so hard to pronounce?  Well, maybe it is for
Westerners who aren't used to such names.  And BTW, I love Americans
as I am one of them, but they have a history of butchering even
relatively easy South Asian names.  Trust me.  I know personally!