Good point, but those are subtle differences.  I am talking about
more gross mis-pronounciations when what they pronounce does not at
all match with how it's spelled.  I think the Oscar folks came
closest to pronouncing it the most accurate.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "arr_raghu" <arr_ra...@...>
wrote:

> Actually, However we pronounce his name Rahman is not very correct.
> Ask any native Arabic person, they will show you the correct
> pronounciation.
> They laugh at how we call him; but hay, we are used to calling him
so.

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Chord" <purevibz@> wrote:
> >
> > I don't want to belabor this point and I'm not really that
bothered by
> > it as I'm elated by the Oscar win.  But, why are so many
Americans
> > butchering AR's name?  Since the awards started, I have
> > heard, "Ruhman", "Rahmeen", "AJ Raaman", "Rockkman"....
> >
> > Is "Rahman" really so hard to pronounce?  Well, maybe it is for
> > Westerners who aren't used to such names.  And BTW, I love
Americans