From: Mugilan Jeyaraman <jmugi...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] Try to answer the following 2 questions:
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 6:39 PM

                  Tamil

1. Kangalaal Kaithu Sei - Expected very little but then was mesmerised for days
to come. 5 gems!

2. Sivaji - Huge let down.

Hindi

1. Jaane Tu - Didnt know much abt the cast or the director. So was not very
hopeful. Felt there wud be songs like Lakeer or the 'Koye Koye' song from
Tehzeeb. Dunno why. But then, there is no song I like less in this movie now. A
throughly enjoyable album!

2. Daud - Coming after Rangeela, I was mighty disappointed with this. Not that
it was bad. Like chord, I had my hopes too high.

English

1. Slumdog - That was around the time when we first started dropping hints in
this group abt a new english movie by ARR, by some popular british director,
whose name I didnt catch then. But I loved 'O Saaya' right from the 1st time,
when I watched its video in youtube. Like a bucket of cold water on my face, it
made me damn awake!

2. Bombay Dreams - Only because I could not relate much to it and for the sake
of completing this list in 3 languages :)

Regards,
Mugilan.

PS: Trust 'Chord' to come up with some interesting topics to discuss, which
make even the silent souls in this group to respond :)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Gomzy™ <gomtesh.upadhye@ gmail.com> wrote:

                  Not a fan of ranking and comparisons but felt tempted to
respond. My list is exactly the opposite

1. magal Pandey ( was blown away by the kind of hard core north indian rustic
flavor was given)
2. Delhi 6 ( the tracks are good. But expected something more traditional,
going by the name)