Mate language has a lot to do with the songs. Agreed Music is universal. But
the language used matters a lot. Why urdu/hindi gels better for Dil se, is
not only was it the original intended language, urdu best expresses the sufi
elements in the songs.

Its like dubbing the songs of Sangamam in hindi. Will never work out as well
as the original cuz its hard core carnatic music, which goes well only with
a south indian language.