From: ichord <purev...@yahoo.com>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:38:39 PM
Subject: [arr] ARR - The Center of My Musical Gravity

I'm a very musical person.  Music is essential for my day to day living,
helping me to stay in touch with my emotions, helping to ward off negative
thoughts, helping to motivate, helping to energize, helping to stay grounded.
It goes beyond mere pleasure.... ..it helps me grow, think in different ways,
and generates compassion towards others (good music).

I try to listen to as many artists as I possibly can....from India, all the MDs
works that sound interesting, classical and semi classical artists, fusion
artists, etc.  From the West, I'm a big fan of 80s pop, classic rock from the
70s and 80s (Rush, Pink Floyd, Boston); also love techno and trance (Pet Shop
Boys).  Also like to listen to Western classical music, since that is my
musical background, playing the piano having taken Western classical music
lessons as a child.  Also love some hollywood soundtracks (recent example,
Curious Case of Benjamin Button by Alexandre Desplat HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! )

Problem I have right now is time....between family and work, I don't have much
time to search new music, spend hours searching and listening to various
artists and new music, nevermind not even being able to keep up with the
collection I already have!  So, what do I do?  Follow the musical path of least
resistance and strongest musical gravitational pull.....ARR.

ARR's music is tops for me.  I enjoy his music more than I enjoy any other
artists' music out there, yet I don't want to limit my listening enjoyment just
to him.  But, these days, I feel I have no choice in some ways, esp. since
there have been so many ARR releases in the past 2 years.  If I happen to hear
a soundtrack from another artist by recommendation, I will listen and try to
attach myself to it, but invariably, ARR has been the center of my musical
gravity.  If I listen to someone else's work for a while, no matter how good it
is and how much I enjoy it, I need to always reset my musical barometer and
return back to ARR's compositions for refueling!

ARR's music today meets all of my musical needs....energizing music, spiritual
music, touching/melodious music, relaxing/soulful music, Indian semi classical
music, Western classical music, pop, jazz, smooth jazz, dance, rock, you name
it.  His output is so incredibly diverse, that I just don't feel the urge to
seek out musical satisfaction elsewhere, although I will appreciate another
artist's compositions if I come across a good one. I just keep going back to
ARR.

favourite sites. Download it now
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.