Same here, Chord.  I too have a very varied taste in music. It is very
difficult for me to listen to any other Indian artistes if they are not as
good as AR. for me, ar is the benchmark for how good a music can be. I am
yet to find any Indian artiste with that kind of versatility that AR has.

If not listening to AR's music, I love Rock, Metal, Fusion, Classical,
Reggae, Jazz and stuff like that..  and few other artistes I enjoy are
Yanni, Kitaro (Japanese & World Fusion), Opeth, Pink Martini, Eagles, some
OSTs like The Godfather,  Once Upon A Time in Mexico, Shawshank Redumption,
Kill Bill.. there are lots of them.

BTW, i think Kill Bill I and II has some great tracks in the movies. it has
a mixture of American, Latin, Asian (Japanese) sounds and songs.  Quentin
Tarantino has a really weird and stunning taste in music. and I like it.

I have always wanted AR to do one or two songs for QT.  Hope my wish would
come true some day :)

--
http://ramblingsoul.com