From: Madhavan Rajan <rsamadhu2...@gmail.com>
To: arrahmanf...@yahoogroups..com
Sent: Mon, 11 January, 2010 3:03:31 PM
Subject: Re: [arr] Re: VTV Songs on the Net

Actually, I'm fed up with all this piracy thing....I sat down and did some
basic research in the internet to understand the facts how other countries are
managing this...Fact is, inspite of being uploaded in almost all torrent sites
on day 1 of their official release, movies like Twilight and Pirates of
Carribean topped the sales charts and created records...So where does the
problem lie if there are significant number of users who are willing to buy and
own what they love? In the US and European countries, though there are physical
releases, there were also prompt digital releases online. Initially, I was
against the digital releases owing to poor quality but later realized how much
that will help the end user if you get something so handy that can instantly
play on your portables... People hear start reviewing the album after listening
to 30 sec promos! Imagine won't they buy it digitally on day 1 to listen the
whole song which is better than the
 youtube versions available?? If you really need something more to enjoy in
your Hi-Fi systems, you have an option of buying a CD / DVD in addition to it
but atleast you can wait to lay your hands on the cd patiently as you have
already got something to enjoy...It's time for the music labels to act smartly
and move forward...Let's unite as a single team and pledge that we will support
every hardworking musician for all the entertainment that we get through
them...This would ideally make piracy a non-event... Clearly, It's a war
against Pirates and Music lovers...Now you decide who should win!

I used Nokia Music Store to buy few tracks but it is all DRM protected and will
not play other than your Nokia systems.