I personally find it in bad taste. Another attention grabbing subject,
that will hurt ARR fans so much. I wonder why people go writing such
things and then finding some twisted explanation for such thought.

Bollywood Music had seen its low in 70s and 80s when it was utter
cacophony and mostly senseless. Then Nadeem Sharavan and Anand Milind
brought a fresh air to it and melody was back. Anu Malik also started
giving much better music since Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi. Jatin Latit
was also consistently good though his films were very less.

And now, many many consistently good music directors are there. Not
only because of ARR's work but overall level of bollywood music has
become much better now than it was a decade earlier, and from that
what was one more decade earlier, and again from what it was another
decade earlier.

There has been and are many other good MDs who have consistently or
occasionally given great music, while ARR remains the undisputed king
and he has done a tremendous lot and the most in this direction.

Let us give joint credit to many other doyens also, where it is due
for this positive outcome.

Only one thing is undisputed: in ARR's music, there is consistency,
and noise to signal ratio is very very very miniscule less. No one
could better him on these two count, not even RDBurman whose noise to
signal ratio was very high.

--
Rawat