Puthiya Mukham (Malayalam) by Deepak Dev...Deepak is awesome..like Rahman he is
an expert at melody as well as orchestration...the sound engineering in his
songs are tremendous..i feel (based on my exposure) that he is def. one of the
top 5 music directors in India (currently)...other good albums by him are:
Chronic Bachelor, Symphony, Udayanaanu Thaaram, and Lion....just like ARR he is
very good at the keyboard as well

Eeram (tamil) by Sai Thaman....a very unique album...there are only a few
songs..def worth checking out...very good layering of music (another ARR trait)

Bhagyadevatha & Pazhassi Raja (Malayalam) by Illayaraaja....i feel that
Illayaraaja is much more consistent in Malayalam than tamil
nowadays....Bhagyadevatha is a melody lover's dream with supple orchestration
while Pazhassi Raja has sweeping soundscapes as well..Bhagyyadevatha is the
better album as each song is great..while Pazhassi has 2-3 great numbers

Katheyamama (song) from Kerala Cafe (Malayalam) by Bijibal..the only song in
the movie..very original and haunting..i love the way the background voices are
used

Neelathamare (song) from Neelathamara (Malayalam) by Vidyasagar..another song
from this movie became more popular but i think that song is more run-of the
mill..this one on the other hand is highly original with Celtic orchestration
and a great melody

Ayan & Aadhavan (Tamil) by Harris Jayaraj...he may not come up with a lot of
innovations but he consistently puts out good songs..all the songs in Ayan are
good while 4/6 in Aadhavan are

Enjoy!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "sreekar8191986" <sreekar8191...@...>