Some great news for you guys esp chord.   Three recorded songs for Raavan not
included in the movie and most probably on the CD too

Guess Mani sir's theory is "What you see (in the film) is what you get (on the
CD)"

See interview below:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Music/Even-Ashas-song-was-not-used-Rahman/articleshow/5883263.cms

That’s
Allah Rakha Rahman for you – man of few flamboyant words, but of
immensely
popular, globally hummed music. While his global appeal grows by the day, Rahman
continues to add to his Bollywood repertoire, the latest being Mani
Ratnam’s Raavan.

Asha Bhonsle’s song
wasn’t used
While everyone gushed about Raavan’s music
launch with Rahman and Gulzar, Sonu Niigaam tweeted about his song missing from
the album. Rahman said, “Unfortunately, because of the narration, we
couldn’t fit many songs. We have three more songs that we recorded, but
couldn’t use. We had a song with Asha Bhonsle too, which wasn’t
used. The movie’s narration would’ve halted with so many songs. So,
we took a creative
decision.”

I want to work with
Mani Ratnam... always
Since Roja, Rahman’s been associated
with every Ratnam project. And, the camaraderie is “precious” to
him. He says, “He doesn’t do three movies in two years, but one in
two years. Which means, in about 20 years, he’s done about 10 movies.
That
translates into a great working opportunity with him. I want to do stuff with
him. The process excites us both; it’s
engaging.”

Mani wants me to
sing
Rahman also sang a number for the flick. But, doesn’t he
usually sing a song in all the movies that he does? “Not necessarily.
Sometimes, Mani wants me to sing. In fact, he was one of the first
people who
asked me to sing.”

You learn
to compartmentalise
Since he works with international artistes like
Usher and then comes back to Bollywood, does
he ever feel disconnected?
“No. When I work there, I feel excited. When I work here, I feel
excited.
After a while, you learn to compartmentalise and use all the inputs to
create a
new kind of product. As long as I create music anywhere, I am in great
spirit.”

I took a break for a
year, while taking awards for Slumdog
What happens when you
don’t feel like creating music? “I take a break,” he says. So,
when did he last take a break? “I took a break for almost a year in
2009... when I was collecting awards for Slumdog
Millionaire!”

Slumdog a
turning point
Since the movie got him
international recognition,
was Slumdog the turning point of his life? He says that it was one of
the
turning points. So, which one was the most important? “The most
important
turning point was in the ’90s, when Roja released. My life took a 180
degree turn. My direction turned towards spirituality, it became more
Sufi.
Everything sort of aligned itself in the same
direction.”

If possible,
I’d visit a dargah everyday
Does Rahman always visit a dargah
before embarking on a big project? Says he, “Yeah,  I try to. If
possible,
I would visit a dargah everyday. There’s so much spiritual energy. It
helps me.”

Choose
love
Besides his spirituality, what else makes him tick?
“Choosing love. It’s what I’d said in my Oscar speech. Choose
love – all my life I had a choice between hate and love, and I chose
love.”