The speciality of Rahman unlike other artists is that, he maintains 100%
originality! There is never a compromise on that!
In his 18 year long career, he had always maintained that. Oflately, Rahman
has been very busy with  lots of projects, and did not have time to
concentrate on some films. Even then, he never took this as an excuse and
copied tunes, like even, many legends had done in the past. Maybe, some of
his tunes were criticized for not reaching his standards...But eventhen, all
of them were completely original.