Vijay is Telugu....

Thanks
Vijay

Sent from my iPhone

On 12-Jul-2010, at 18:28, Aakarsh <aakarsh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I think ARR is oblivious about it. Or if he is aware and hoped for 'something different' with words axed like that, then honestly, I think it doesn't cut much with listeners.

Yes, I too never understood 'Muvval Muvval' part in Sivaji.

I understand if a composer has a penchant for the sound of the lyrics instead of the meaning or the actual lyrics. But it would be nice if that is applied to a word that is new or slang word. Like 'Masakkali'. But it would rob the beauty of language, when lyrics are axed, just to make them sound musically good. Because, how can incomplete words ever sound musical?

Past, Present or Future, be it anytime - A composer can really touch people's hearts provided his music has good lyrics. it is understandable that language is a problem for ARR but like I said, the lyric writer or language coach for singers should help ARR and tell him that something is not sounding right.

I would like to share a small anecdote, narrated by Gulzar. Composer R.D.Burman too was fond of sound of words rather than their meanings. Whenever he liked the sound of any word, he used to pick that word and played around and made tunes out of that. While composing the songs of Gulzar's film Aandhi, when RD came across the word "Nasheman", he loved it and insisted on using it. He didnt know the meaning and remarked "Yeh Nasheman kaunsa Shehar Hai yaar". Gulzar used it as "Tinkon Ke Nasheman tak, is mod se jaathe hai".

In short, it would be even more wonderful of sound of the words are given equal priority with diction, pronunciation and meaning.

My all time favourite was Late Rajasri, who wrote lyrics for initial albums of ARR. He wrote them in such a way that we never felt that they were dubbed films. So much of lyrical value and depth in thought, that I never wanted a tamil version of Roja or Donga Donga.

Regards
Aakarsh

--- On Mon, 7/12/10, fani kalyan <rythmdivine2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: fani kalyan <rythmdivine2...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] Request to Telugu speaking fans...
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, July 12, 2010, 5:26 PM

Your second point is not new...many other lyricists (can't rem da lyrics but many of keeravani songs)also done this usage of syllable L instead U like mutyal for mutyalu..the same is done in shivaji also..puvvalle muvval muvval..AR gives more importance on da sound of the lyric than the lyric..I think