http://www.bollywood.com/rahmans-students-score

Forgive me if this has been posted before...

Rahman's Students Score!

By Hindustan Times

Mumbai, Aug. 13 -- She's a polyglot from A R Rahman's music academy, KM
Conservatory, in Chennai and has made it to the top finalists of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa
Singing Superstars on Zee TV that kicks off tonight.

Mugdha has been studying music at Rahman's school for the last one year. She
learnt Hindustani classical and semi-classical music during her growing up
years. Today, she also sings in seven languages, apart from various other
styles.

When asked about making it to the top batch of contestants on the show, Mugdha
who is participating in a reality show for the first time, says, "It's my
teachers' and my family's blessings. I hope to not let them down."

The 20-something singer feels blessed to have made it to the The KM
Conservatory. "Rahman sir has been a pillar of support. The school has gained
more popularity after sir won the Oscars. He had a few sessions with us despite
a tight schedule. He interacted with us in the batch personally. He gave us
great inputs about playback singing. I just want to make him proud now."

Mugdha, who has sung for a Tamil film and a nursery rhyme album, hopes to find
work in Bollywood after the show ends. "This show is my biggest platform so
far," she asserts. "I hope I find work as a playback singer and make it big.
Maybe then, I can also spread awareness about the global forms of music."